Friday, September 13, 2013

"This week in review: Monday September 9- Friday September 13, 2013"

Well hello there again to all of my loyal followers! I am sure by now you have all sent out various amber alerts and police scouting parties to go and look for me but call them back because I am alive! This week definitely got away from me, one of the hassles of a working girl's life, but anyway I would say this week had some of the best and the worst times. For starters, on Monday I was getting ready in the dark for work and I rammed my baby toe into a bed post, proceeded to go into the closet, get lightheaded, fall over, get the chills and then get VERY nauseous. Thankfully it passed and I was able to go to work but I am pretty sure since my toe still hurts and is red and purple it is broken, but what are ya gonna do? I suppose this is another one of the hazards of living in DC! Anyway work this week went well, I had some projects that I got to help on, some meetings I got to attend. Fun fact: I went to a meeting in Greenbelt (no idea where that is) , but anyway it was at the Washington/Baltimore HIDTA office, so shout out to my daddy who works for South Texas HIDTA in San Antonio, I knew he would appreciate me being there. So I also made two very exciting sets of plans for the future this week however the details of the plans are currently on a need to know basis, therefore y'all will probably get the details of my fun adventures after the fact in these two instances;) This week's early morning's required a lot of diet coke and a pumpkin spice latte this morning, but I did it. I am really learning a lot and liking every experience I have at DEA so I can't wait to see what the rest of the semester has in store.

I definitely feel very loved since I got sweet cards from both of my grandmothers and they made me feel not so homesick. Also, my friends are the best and know how much a "just thinking of you" and a "miss you and wish you were here" text mean to me so major shout out to them for making me smile at least once a day this week. I turned in my first paper for my Thursday night class, so we will see how that goes but the readings (although a little long) are very interesting and I am excited to take away even more knowledge from this class. So now after cleaning my bathroom, washing the dishes from dinner and cleaning the kitchen and living room I am going to relax tonight as I am exhausted, stressed and still sad that my Horned Frogs lost last night:(

I did forget to mention though that my suitemates were amazing and got me a dinosaur donut (its a giant amazing donut) and I got French toast pie this week with some of the other people at DEA on the way home from a meeting, so I have had a very yummy week in terms of food.

Anyway, until next time y'all. Whenever that is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment