Saturday, September 7, 2013

"Another weekend in DC: Friday September 7 and Saturday September 8, 2013"

So sorry about the delay on the blog postings, but I have a good reason,  I promise. So last night all of the roommates and I had a girls night in, I'm talking a great dinner together, a night of chick flicks (obviously Mean Girls was one of them) basically, a good time with new friends.  Then this morning (another late one, since real people work has been starting so early), we woke up and relaxed all day and then went to have some yummy Chinese food at the lovely....Union Station metro stop which surprisingly has a whole mall thing inside. Luckily enough I was able to watch the second half of the TCU game today seeing as it took me almost the whole length of the game to find out where it was being broadcast on TV....ugh, these northern stations don't appreciate college football like us southerners do. Anyway, since the game was on I decided to wait until next weekend to go hang out with my Veteran friends (especially since the metro lines I needed were not working, typical DC lol).

So last night was hard and I'm still kinda bummed about it, not being able to be there to celebrate big/lil reveal with all of my sisters...I knew seeing the pictures from last night was going to be hard but geez that was rough. I am usually at every event, in every picture (well okay that's a stretch) but missing out on those moments, with those girls really sucks. Those girls, well they remind me who I am and make me laugh until I cry, they have been there for the past two years almost all of the time, so it's just hard being here missing them and missing EVERYTHING there!! I feel so disconnected to my life and friends back in Texas and I am always worried about being forgotten about up here in the north aka my Texas friends and I often forget there is life outside of our amazing state. Don't get me wrong, being here, getting to be an adult at my awesome internship, having my first apartment, meeting some really great girls who have already become great friends and who I get the pleasure of living with is amazing. Seeing history and culture every single day make me remember why it is that I want to do what I want to do. 

Speaking of which, Friday was a very interesting work day, I got to finalize my first short project that I worked on earlier in the week so I got my first piece of DEA official work accomplished. I have only been there a week and I already know SO much more about drugs and what the DEA actually does than I ever have before. Being a DEA kid, you think you know everything about what your Dad does, I mean my Dad was like THE SPECIAL AGENT to me, and I always knew he was one of the greats fighting the War against Drugs but I never knew how much time and knowledge surrounded investigations, intelligence gathering and the processing of the agency. So Dad, now I do really appreciate some of the late nights that you had to be a part of when I was a kid, I know it was for a good cause:)

Anyway in other news, this week starts my programming, my meetings, my first class assignments due, another week of firsts (it's never ending) and also I have to be in at 7am this week...those of you who know me know that will be quite the struggle but with the help of some more diet coke, I will survive, hopefully. So the good things are that I have gotten to talk on the phone to my always wise roomz from back home, skyped with one of my closest friends (also a sister), one of the most accommodating girls I know (also a sister) and my little a little bit, so I have had some good contact with my girlies back home this week.

Tomorrow I have a brunch with my floor and I will probably knock out some reading that I have due for my class on Thursday, oh the life of a TWC intern, so glamorous.

Again I apologize to all of you for the delay in posting these blogs (again sorry Daddy, but I gave you a nice little shout out so that should make up for it), like I said I am new to the whole blogger life.

Until next time y'all, whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment