Tuesday, September 3, 2013

"First Day of Work: September 3, 2013"

Well, I'm going to try and keep today's post short and sweet and to the point since I am pretty exhausted after my first day of semi-real people work at the DEA. It turns out that I will actually be working at the WDO (Washington Division Office) and not at DEA headquarters so I will have lovely Chinatown to explore while on my way to and from work. The first day was pretty good and I think I will learn a lot and gain a good deal of experience and knowledge working for this intel group at the DEA WDO. I will be doing a good deal of researching, reading and writing, which as it turns out is what I really enjoy doing (yes I am a nerd and love to research and write papers) so I think this will be a great environment for me to learn in and expand on all of those wonderful things I have been paying them to teach me at TCU!

I definitely stepped out of my comfort zone today, finding a new address in DC, meeting so many new people and having thai food for lunch. It was surprisingly good, and that is another plus about working in Chinatown-there is great food and a lot of different food options to choose from, which I am definitely not complaining about. All in all, my first day had an eventful start with the change in location, but I am really excited to see what kind of work this semester at DEA WDO has in store for me.

No pictures today, I was in a rush to get out the door and on to the metro this morning so I didn't snap a first day of work picture but maybe i'll get a second day of work picture to make up for it!

Until next time y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment