Monday, September 2, 2013

"Labor Day Monday: September 2, 2013"

Sooooo, another somewhat late morning for me but I finally found a key ring on which to put my TWC ID and keys on so I feel like I have my life a little bit more together than I did before. I decided to venture to the gym downstairs because I ate a burger from TD Burgers across the street last night(great food, obviously pricey but very good if you are in a pinch for food), and one of the delicious cupcakes my sisters sent me so I felt like this morning called for a workout! The workout facility here is fairly nice, three treadmills and an assortment of other workout machines so it was definitely nice to get a workout in.
Then I headed to the metro solo so I could do a practice run of using the metro to get to the DEA office at Pentagon City, all in all I have to say I was very impressed that I didn't mess up getting there since I had to switch lines and it took me about 32 minutes total to get to the Pentagon City stop. Tomorrow I was planning on allowing for an hour to get to work, just so I made sure I got there early and had time to freshen up before I went in for my first day of work. I feel fairly confident about using the metro system, and just in case I have an application on my phone for the DCmetro so I can find my way if I need to. Also, being the type A personality that I am, I am going to review the metro map in detail and all the stops so I can feel confident in my public transit skills. I am not gonna lie though, taking the metro solo freaked me out....and that was during the daytime so I know that I will never EVER take the metro by myself at night (so now my pepper spray is definitely in my purse just to make myself feel safer).


Now, I just have to struggle for the rest of the day to try and find the perfect first day of work outfit, I want to look professional, stylish, serious and be comfortable. I am probably going to wear heels, but carry them and wear flip flops until I get to the metro, even though 3 years of recruitment have prepared me for spending a long time in heels but I just have to figure out what first impression I want to make tomorrow. Hopefully while I am picking out my first day of work outfit I can pick out my outfits for the rest of the week so I am not so stressed out later trying to figure out what to wear. I have some laundry that needs to be done later today and then I need to make sure and set my alarm for 6:30am tomorrow morning. Well, the butterflies have set in and the nerves have arrived for this week of starting my internship, starting my class here and starting my programming and life here in DC. I guess only time will tell how this week, and the rest of the semester will go.

Until next time y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment