Saturday, August 31, 2013

"First Saturday in DC: August 31, 2013"

When I woke up this morning in my DC apartment I had full intentions of going on a tour of the Capitol with two of my suitemates that was being led by the Washington Center, however; after looking at the details of the tour more closely I saw that we were supposed to RSVP if we were going on the tour...whoopsie! (good to know for later TWC events and also you future interns can take note of this) Anyway, we changed plans and made our way to the metro and then to the Pentagon City Mall for a shopping day. I have been looking for a professional looking bigger sized purse, and managed to find one, but the price was a little expensive for a poor college student intern from Texas with no income in one of the most expensive cities ever! Hopefully, I can get the parentals to splurge on the beautiful TCU purple Kate Spade bag I want for my 21st birthday on November 10th, but we shall see;).  I did manage to find a new work dress at my favorite store Francesca's so all in all it was a successful shopping trip!                                                                                         
 
  
 

Now on to the highlight of my day. My sorority sisters are literally my second family, and without them by my side here in DC I have been pretty lost (literally and metaphorically as I am awful with directions and always need my sisters to tell me which way to go). Today is the first day of the College football season for my school the TCU Horned Frogs #purplereign #GOFROGS, and needless to say I am so sad that I won't get to be there this season for any of the games:( My sisters, knowing me so well and being so amazing, sent me cupcakes from my favorite cupcake shop in DC, DC Georgetown Cupcakes! If that wasn't enough, they had the cupcakes decorated with TCU logos and American flags and included the sweetest note ever that said "Hello baby! We're missing you at the game and thought we'd send you a little love! Good luck this week! Ashley, Maddie, Kristin and Katie." Theses girls are without a doubt my closest friends and sisters and the fact that they would spend their money to send me TCU cupcakes and a sweet note means the world to me! I can't wait until I get to see them again and I know they will have so much fun at the games this semester and I will definitely be there in spirit with them cheering on my Horned Frogs!!!  Words can't express how thankful I am not only for this package from them, but also just to have them in my life! I got the best/sweetest present in the world from two of my BEST friends, my LITTLE and the B. DAVIS to my Haley James Scott, I am beyond blessed and I know my suitemates were in awe of the love that I have for these girls and the love they have for me! It's funny how even from so far away, they are still as much a part of my life as ever and that's because they are my sisters and We live for each other!
 
                                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
 

And now for tonight, I will be cheering on my frogs from either a TCU alumni watch party at a bar somewhere in DC or from the comfort of my own apartment! Either way I will be wearing my purple, yelling for my team and missing my sisters like crazy! Thank you again so much Ashley, Maddie, Kristin and Katie, y'all made me cry(in a good way) and made me feel so special and loved just like I hope y'all know that you are so special to me and loved by me!! Love y'all!!

Until next time y'all. PS GO FROGS BEAT LSU!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment