Friday, August 30, 2013

"Orientation Day 2: August 30, 2013"

Well, now that Orientation has come to a close and all of the TWC information has been packed in my head I am relaxing in my new apartment for a bit. Hopefully, I will venture out later  with the suitemates to Pentagon City Mall to use the Metro and also to shop around for a bit for a professional looking purse as I didn't bring one with me. So for the evaluation of today, the Politics and Public Policy program seems like it will be a good fit and I really like all of the people I have met so far in the program. I will definitely be a busy bee this semester, but that'll be a good thing, I'll be doing things I have a passion for and building up my confidence as a professional, even so my heart will still be breaking for all of the TCU football games I will be missing.



On another note, we rearranged the common area furniture last night before watching a movie and now we have even more open space than we had before. Hopefully, we will find a few more decorations or knick-knacks to add to the space to make it more homey. I am excited to start my internship next Tuesday and get this semester started, the class, the internship and the service components should all be interesting, tiring and great experiences. Most of my time here I have felt like I fit in with all of the other political minded thinkers like myself and have loved getting the opportunity to learn more about who I can be in the future, there are some times though when I miss the cowboy boots, amazing Mexican food and the Texas Flags flowing in the air from back home. It is an adjustment but everyday DC and this program are getting more and more exciting so I hope that continues throughout the semester.
               
                                                                         



Until next time y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment