Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"Move in Day: August 28, 2013"

So, I have officially moved in to Apartment 116 at the Washington Center Residential Academic Facility (RAF). So far, so good. Move in took all of about an hour for me because the 7 boxes and 2 suitcases I had my parents ship/ bring from the great state of Texas was significantly less than most of the other students. Future interns take note: I am not a light packer but DO NOT bring everything you own with you, it will suck!! My parents were very strict in not letting me bring any of the fantastic decorations that I have used in my TCU rooms, so I decided that I would double the amount of pictures I usually have on the walls to compensate for that: those of you who know me know that this means there are a lot of pictures on my wall currently:)
The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, cups, pots and pans and the apartment comes complete with washer and dryer and a cute little table for 4. It is 2 bathroom, 2 bedroom apartment for 4 with a walk in closet and a dresser drawer. Currently, I am living with 2 awesome suite mates from Ohio, and it is just little old me in the other room by my lonesome for now....I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not I get a room buddy anytime soon. The area is nice......but I am definitely not in Texas anymore, aka you will not find me walking by myself anywhere anytime soon. I've got groceries thanks to a quick trip to Target with the parentals and now it is time to say good bye since they leave tomorrow and I am busy with orientation for the next two days. I hate goodbyes, and these last two rank as the worst after having to say goodbye to all of my sorority sisters, and my best friend (which I will never get over until we are back in the same state again). So here we go, I am beginning this journey that hopefully will be a great time in my life! It doesn't mean that I don't miss everyone like crazy though...

Until next time y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment