Thursday, August 29, 2013

"Orientation Day 1: August 29, 2013"

So to start off I would just like to say that the hour time difference makes a world of difference when you have to be up in professional looking clothes by 9am. Today we had official orientation programming from 9-10am and then the rest of the day we had unofficial orientation programming which basically meant we went to the meetings that applied to us. We sat through 4 information sessions about the civic engagement programs and my top two were 1) Veterans and 2) Homeless, so we will see which one I end up with since I already filled out the selection survey.

Oh so my roommate finally showed up late last night, and understandably so as she came from Puerto Rico. Anyway, a fun adventure my roommates and I had today was emailing the maintenance people because our ice machine in our fridge made it start leaking water everywhere...we turned off the machine but word of caution to all of those future interns who think that making ice is a good idea, if you wanna live on the edge I say go ahead and make ice here using your TWC fridge, if you wanna play it safe, say suck it up and just put your drinks in the fridge.
We also decided to venture two blocks down to the Giant today (aka one of the grocery stores here) to get some more groceries because food here is so expensive!! If you are ever thinking of sending me anything while I am here send food please, thank you in advance for saving me from bankruptcy or starvation hahaha, but really food prices are so high here. Also, I have asked my mom to send me a Texas flag for my wall but I have still yet to hear back if that will ever get here to me. The good news is that we are done with programming for the day and we have an ice cream social in the building to get a chance to meet everyone and eat yummy ice cream! So, after this post I am off to eat some ice cream and then relax in my bed for the rest of the night before orientation round 2 tomorrow. Fun Fact: We had a floor meeting last night and got the low down on rules and on the guest policy, aka any of my friends please feel free to come visit me if you can:) (PS I still really miss everyone...)

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy some ice cream so on that note I would just like to give a shout out to my daddy on his birthday today!! Love you daddy! Until, next time y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love blogs! I'll forward your link to the rest of the staff! Good luck -cant wait to hear all about it when you get back! - Jane

    ReplyDelete